Radio One DC Station WPRS-FM Praise 104.1 will host The Annual St. Jude Radiothon on Thursday, April 5th, 2012 from 6a-10pat their new facility located at 8515 Georgia AvenueSilver Spring, MD 20910.
The broadcast will begin during the The Yolanda Adams Morning Show from6a-10a and will continue through The Lonnie Hunter Show from 10a-3pwith local DC Market updates from Community Affairs DirectorSheila Stewart; 3p-7p with Afternoon Personality Cheryl Jackson and 7p until 10p with The ‘Coco Brother’ Show.
On-site volunteers taking pledges this year will be:DC Congress of Black Women; 100 Fathers Inc; Sisters 4 Sisters Network Organization; DC 100 Black Men of America;Prince Georges County 100 Black Men of America;The Men Aiming Higher Organization; Alpha Phi Alpha, Omega Psi Phi,Kappa Alpha Psi, Phi Beta Sigma,Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta,Sigma Gamma Rho, Zeta Phi Beta,Local Government & Elected Leaders as well asNBA/NFL Players.
The Annual Praise 104.1 St. Jude Radiothon [PHOTOS]
1. St. Jude's Radiothon1 of 17
2. St. Jude's Radiothon2 of 17
3. St. Jude's Radiothon3 of 17
4. St. Jude's Radiothon4 of 17
5. St. Jude's Radiothon5 of 17
6. St. Jude's Radiothon6 of 17
7. St. Jude's Radiothon7 of 17
8. St. Jude's Radiothon8 of 17
9. St. Jude's Radiothon9 of 17
10. St. Jude's Radiothon10 of 17
11. St. Jude's Radiothon11 of 17
12. St. Jude's Radiothon12 of 17
13. St. Jude's Radiothon13 of 17
14. St. Jude's Radiothon14 of 17
15. St. Jude's Radiothon15 of 17
16. St. Jude's Radiothon16 of 17
17. img_0619117 of 17
Flippin Pizza of (Maryland) and Chick-fil-A (Silver Spring) will serve as breakfast, lunch, and dinner sponsors this year. Ken Dixon Automotive (Waldorf, MD) is also this year’s (Presenting Sponsor)
Last year the station raised over $200,000 dollars to benefit St. Jude and their global efforts to find a cure for cancer and diseases in young children. Listeners in the Washington, DC area can donate to St. Jude by calling 1-800-411-9898 during broadcast hours or by clicking the donation banner below.
You can donate by clicking the RADIO CARES banner below.
Ken Dixon will donate $25 to St. Jude’s for every test drive on April 5th until April 8th. Praise 104.1 will be on site from 5-7pm on April 5th.