Every summer, people pack their bathing suits, sunscreen, flip flops and a good book for a trip to the beach.
Swimming in the ocean takes different skills, so before you get your feet wet, it’s best to learn how to swim in the surf. You should also swim only at a lifeguard-protected beach, within the designated swimming area. Obey all instructions and orders from lifeguards.
- Keep Kids Within Arm’s Reach Especially in the sea, but also on land.
- Don’t Dive In 2/3 of catastrophic neck injuries occur in open water and the sea.
- Knee Deep Is Too Deep Strong winds, waves and currents create dangerous rip currents that can sweep a child out to sea.
- Know Before You Go Know your flags – Red means stop; Green means go.
- Take Frequent Breaks Every hour take a sun, water or bathroom break.
Make sure to read: Modest Bathing Suits To Wear Now
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!